Buyer – Halewood, Liverpool
About the role
Your role will involve a series of daily tasks which will cover stock and non-stock items to be sourced, obtain quotes for new items and amend PIR’s (Purchase Information Records). The role will be targeted around sourcing products from our preferred list of vendors, although as part of the quotation process you may need to approach other vendors to get the best price.
You will need to be a self-starter and be able to use your own initiative to help source new products, using various knowledge databases, colleagues, strategic procurement team members and the occasional use of the internet.
The role is dynamic and requires the successful candidate to think on their feet.
This is a site based role, and you will be required to report to site Monday to Friday – day shifts only
• Daily sourcing of various items such MRO, PPE, Motor’s, Engineering equipment and more
• Sourcing products from new and existing suppliers and using various tools to aid in this procedure
• Sending RFQ’s (Requests for quotes) and RFI’s (Request for information)
• Cross functional team working
• Dealing with price variances, lead time issues, plant stoppers (urgent item) and urgent items
• Use of SAP and other interfaces designed for our client
• Work to various targets
• Communicate with the clients, suppliers and engineers on a daily basis
• You will participate in tender processes for both existing and prospective clients
• A good background in buying, possibly at a junior buyer or assistant buyer
• Use Of Excel
• Knowledge of SAP
• Good team player
• Able to work under pressure
• Self-motivated individual work in a high volume turnaround business
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Quick learner
• Able to use initiative when sourcing products
• Good customer service is paramount
RS Integrated Supply is a leading global provider of integrated supply chain management solutions that has established itself as a trusted partner for businesses looking to optimise their supply chain operations. Our core services include procurement, storeroom management, and transactional processing.
We offer value-added services like eProcurement Marketplace, Data Optimisation, and Inventory Optimisation to provide complete solutions for our customers. Our expertise in engineering support, product and process optimisation, and process improvement helps our customers reduce costs and improve efficiency.
How to Apply